Saturday, July 5, 2008

Triune

When I was a young girl reading the Bible, I used to view the Old Testament as the domain of God the Father. Then Jesus came on the scene and afterwards, the Holy Spirit. In my faulty little mind, they were viewed as dormant members of the Trinity, simply biding their time. God in three persons - was that true even in the OT? It left "little me" quite confused and troubled.

It soon became evident through God's word that Father, Son, and Spirit have always existed.

-Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

-And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

You know what I felt as I began to have a clearer understanding of the triune God? Comfort.

No comments: