Monday, April 16, 2007

Good Answer! Good Answer!

Ever watch Family Feud? Sometimes the questions can be difficult, especially if you are one of the family members that is answering towards the end with 2 strikes already against you. But the situation below is what always gets to me about the show.

Host: Name the 5 most popular fruit in America
Contestant: Uh....celery?
Rest of the family: Good Answer! Good answer! (they are usually clapping enthusiastically as well)
Strike 3!

It's not a good answer! It's the opposite of a good answer! I don't care if the producers coached you to say it. Still not an excuse to lie on national television. Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't choke and say something stupid if I was a contestant on the show. I can guarantee my mind would probably go blank and nonsense would come sputtering out of my mouth. All I'm saying is that my family and friends would call me out on my stupid answer. =)

No comments: