Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Free Concerts during Lunch

Lunchtime habits of coworkers always confuse me. So many complain about being chained to their cube, but then they choose to spend their lunch break right at their desk. I always feel like I’m being naughty for actually taking my break and choosing to take it outside. I wouldn’t encourage you to buy your lunch each day, but take advantage of the 30 minutes – 1 hour to go for a walk, run errands, or eat in a park. Give your eyes a break and people-watch instead glaring at the computer screen or your bland cubicle/office walls.

Need more motivation to leave your chair? For those that work in Philadelphia, the noontime concert series is back! Wednesdays this summer grab your lunch and coworkers and spend your break outside catching a variety of musical acts at several different locations. I can’t promise the music will actually be good, but it will be free and more pleasant than the dull hum of the air vent above your workspace.

No comments: