Thursday, May 3, 2007

Tales from the El

I should keep a journal of experiences I've had on the subway in Philly. On the way back from work today I ran into a subway car just before it takes off. I'm waiting for the inevitable "Doors are closing" to sound from the speakers as I grab a seat, but we don't move. Then I realize the people in my car are all looking to the next car because of some commotion happening. As a vertically challenged female, I realize there is no point in standing up and trying to get a look. Besides, the running commentary from my fellow passengers was entertaining enough.

Basically two women were fighting and a guy got up to stop them. Then they both turned on him. One lady whips out mace and sprays him. There also happened to be many kids in that car.

Le sigh

No comments: