Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm not cool

I know it isn't trendy to like Walmart, but they are so affordable! A Kashi pizza at the CVS is over $8. At Super Walmart, the same pizza is slightly over $4. It's half the price! And if you lean towards organic, natural, gourmet, snotty brands, the savings can really add up. Don't get me wrong, the browsing atmosphere at a place like Target is much warmer and calmer than the warehouse layout of the big W, but on price comparison Target gets thrashed soundly.

Some other non-trendy, frowned upon things I enjoy:

1. Fried foods - I don't care if it is chicken, potatoes, or ice cream, food just tastes fabulous when dunked in oil. There are two types of people in the world - those that love fried food and those that won't admit they like fried foods.

2. Not going to the gym - I've never been a member of a fitness institution. Exercise is great and necessary, I just prefer long walks, dvd workouts, free weights in the living room, etc. This is mostly because I fear man, especially if I am in stretchy pants.

3. Not keeping a garden - My mom has one and shares the bountiful harvest with me, so I don't bother trying to start one. Plus, I don't have a yard, which makes gardening a bit more complicated. It's great to have legitimate excuses, but to be frank, even if I had the space right now, no gardening would occur on my part. Yard work was my punishment growing up, and that is how I still view it.

4. Celine Dion songs - She can sing!

1 comment:

JC said...

Susan, you're hilarious. Missed you this weekend!! :)