Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Micro, Macro

The global economic downturn has given a renewed energy to frugal living. At least a few people are finally starting to grasp that when their outflow is greater than their inflow, problems ensue. Scripture is true, as a borrower you often feel enslaved. The weight of debt and financial irresponsibility can be crushing and a source of much relational conflict. Even those of us who aren’t struggling with credit card debt or outlandish mortgage payments can succumb to the pervasive mentality of fear that the economic crisis has spurred.



I need to consistently evaluate whether my hope is in God or in my savings account.

1 comment:

Rafael said...

Amen to that sister! My name is Rafael. I read your comment over on Justin Taylor blog, and I really enjoyed reading what you said. I am a "Reformed" single minority, and I attend a Reformed church, so I understand alot of what you were talking about. I was wondering are you on facebook? I would love to add you as a friend. Grace and Peace