Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thanks Pastor Azurdia

Resolved:

1. To run this race without being distracted by how others are running
2. To run this race without being consumed by my own running ability
3. To run this race without being anxious about what the race itself throws at me
4. To fix my gaze on the only One who ran the race perfectly

Realizing I have neither the strength nor the motivation to accomplish this, I pray to God that I would delight in Him more than His gifts and that His Spirit would help me when weary or when I fall.

Hebrews 12:1-3
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.


To listen to his message in it's entirety, go here, and choose "Fixing Our Eyes on the Cross" Hebrews 12:1-2.

No comments: